Last year was a year of change and challenge, and Iíd like to take a moment to say thank you for your effort, energy and dedication in making 2015 a good year. As we start a new year, letís continue that effort and rededicate ourselves to being the best work force we can possibly be. Letís have the tenets of the IBEW Code of Excellence foremost in our minds, among them:
- Be on time, fit for duty and ready to work.
- Give 8 hours work for 8 hours pay.
- Work in a safe and healthy manner. No shortcuts. No job is done unless itís done right (and I hate hospitals!).
- Respond in emergencies and to call outs.
- Go above and beyond Ė anybody can do just what is required. IBEW members perform the highest quality and quantity of work.
Doing these things protects our jobs. Let the contractors take care of the overflow. We donít need, want, nor should we let them to do our jobs.
We have a job to do, just like the company has a job to do. Letís commit to keeping up our end of the bargain. To do anything less diminishes our skills and abilities, as well as our Brotherhood. Letís work together to instill in our younger members this ethic of excellence, and most importantly to watch out for each other, keeping us all safe. Commit to being better every day. Learn more. Be more responsive. Be more connected. Be more aware. Be more resilient. Be more creative. And most of all, just be and do your best.
Work Safe, Be Strong, Stay United,
80 Washington Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tel. (845) 471-3232 Fax (845) 473-2218